Sunday, August 20, 2017

BOWLER FAMILY REUNION: 8/20/17 and Lockport Caves Tour

I helped Becky set up  this morning for the reunion.  I ran home around eleven thirty to get my dish to pass COUNTRY STYLE BAKED FRUIT.

People started arriving around one p.m. but they straggled in, even though the invitation said BUFFET LUNCH at one p.m.  We finally decided to eat a little after one thirty p.m.  Everything was very good esp. the sloppy joes. Dan and Cathy were late due to an incident with Laura in the middle of the night.  They brought a bucket of KFC.  Unfortunately, Cathy and Laura had to leave shortly after they sat down to eat because Laura did not feel well.

Near the end of the reunion, I ran home to refrigerate my leftover baked fruit and put some other stuff away.  When I returned I helped Becky take the poster down.  Then Dan and I drove to the LOCKPORT CAVE TOURS and met up with Laura and Cathy.  I took this inside the cave:This is Laura, Cathy and me at the shop where the tour starts.
Our tour guide in front of the remnants of a long ago factory.

We all enjoyed the tour, but the final walk up steep steps was a real workout.
We said our goodbyes and ended a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment