Friday, August 4, 2017

Day Trip to Sonnenberg Gardens, geocaching etc. 8/4/17

Mary Ann and I went to Canandaigua to see Sonnenberg Gardens.  We wavered a bit regarding our decision to go since high  temperatures and thunderstorms were predicted, but we decided to take a chance.

It was about a two hour drive to get there.  We arrived a little bit after ten a.m. We started walking the trails, but were finding the map hard to follow.  Someone came along with a tram
and offered to take us to the mansion, so we hopped on. Here are come pictures of the mansion:
and the gardens

After leaving, we headed towards Avon.  We stopped to geocache and found two out of the three we looked for.  One was in a cemetery in West Bloomfield and one was in a tiny park in Lima.  I took a few pictures in Lima.  I especially liked this old fire station. 

We had a great lunch at Tom Wahl's in Avon (I especially enjoyed the root beer in a frosted mug)
and then we located TWIN FALLS, which has a geocache hidden there, but we could not find it.  The falls is not accessible but you can see it from the road.

Then we continued on our way.  I asked Mary Ann if she could stop for a couple of minutes at NIAGARA PRODUCE.  I purchased some sweet corn for my supper.  

It was a great day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment