Monday, July 20, 2015

Return to Little Italy ADVENTURE: Monday, July 20th, 2015

I had a meeting just outside of Niagara Falls, and when it ended, I decided to go into Niagara Falls, NY, USA and visit Little Italy again.

I parked the car and walked down the Main street in Little Italy a bit.  There are many vacant storefronts like this one:
I went into this Indian store: 
and into Latina's Market, where I purchased a loaf of Italian bread and a pound of Frey's bologna.  I actually made myself a bologna sandwich for lunch and ate it in the car.  (it was very good)

  I went into the original DeCamillo's and purchased a day old BABKA for $2.50.  I visited this hardware store, just to see what it is like:  
 they have a lot of nice kitchen items!  But I did not see a non electric hand mixer, which I need.
I took a different route back to Lockport (Route 31) and arrived home around 2:30 p.m.  I finished up this mornings laundry and washed up the mornings dishes and made a few phone calls and  then met Peggy at FaithTab.  We went to two hospitals in Buffalo, first to visit our Uncle Norman, who is in ICU at ECMC following a car accident and surgery, and then to Womens and Childrens Hospital to visit a week old Amish girl who is in PICU there. We really wanted to talk with her mother, but we could not find her.  We found her father and sisiter, but they were both sound asleep in a waiting room and we did not want to wake them up. 

It was a long day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment