Saturday, August 9, 2014

ANOTHER Lewiston Adventure

My sister and I have been trying to go to Lewiston to eat at THE SILO for a few weeks, but it did not work out.  It looked like today was a sure thing, but Peggy was not feeling well, so she cancelled out.  I called my friend Barb (we met in the sixth grade) and she was free and she had been thinking about going to Lewiston for the arts and crafts show, so she was happy to have someone to go with.

We met up at my place and headed towards Lewiston.  Our first stop was at the book sale at the former school.


where I found five books for $5.00, two of them by Frank McCourt (author of ANGELA'S ASHES.)  After that we went to THE SILO for lunch.  It was very good.  I had the HAYSTACK (their specialty).  
It is basically a steak sandwich on a hoagie roll with cheese, onions and toasted onion strings on top.  It was DELICIOUS!  

After that we headed to the LEWISTON ART FESTIVAL on Main Street.  Finding a parking spot was a bit of a challenge, but we got one not too far from the festival.  

We walked through about 3/4 of the festival.  The prices were very high, but the artwork was magnificent.  We went into DeCamillos and I bought two peanut sticks.  

After that, we headed back to Lockport.

No comments:

Post a Comment