Wednesday, August 13, 2014

RETURN to NEW YORK Adventure DAY ONE, July 12, 2014

This is not really MY adventure......my oldest daughter Megan and her family completed their three year commitment to Ross University on the Island of Dominica in the Caribbean.  My son in law, Dr. Christopher Keater was teaching first year medical students, but when his contract ended, he secured a job in Michigan USA !!!

They flew into Buffalo International Airport on the afternoon of July 12, 2014 and arrived at my house around four fifteen p.m.  bringing their three cats with them.  After getting the cats settled in upstairs, we all had supper (including Peggy and David, who picked them up at the airport) in my apartment:  sloppy joes, mac and cheese, green salad and chocolate/cherry/marshmallow cake for desert.

My granddaughter, Cassandra, had hardly been in the house five or ten minutes when she said she wanted to go to LAKE EFFECT ICE CREAM.  She mentioned it again at around 7 p.m. so she and I and Tyler went.



Then we took a walk up to the Big Bridge
and around the block, passing Old City Hall and returning to Lake Effect where we purchased two pints of ice cream to take home for Megan and Chris.  

The kids bedded down in my apartment while their parents (and the cats) slept upstairs.  



No comments:

Post a Comment