Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday April 14, 2014 (drive back home with a stop in Rochester)

I said goodbye to Peggy a little bit after eight a.m. and headed east.  My first stop was in Batavia where I went to Denny's and had sausage gravy and biscuits.  I ma

pped out a route to Rochester.

My first stop was in Byron, New York when I noticed a huge old hotel
(still serving food) and a museum in a historic church.
 I also stopped in Clarendon to take a few pictures of the historical
society.  Clarendon was originally known as Farwell's Settlement.  

Then it was on to Rochester and the Liberty Family Restaurant.
I called Terry Aleksandrowicz and she met me there.  We had not seen each other since 1973, when Megan was a baby.  Terry does not remember babysitting for Megan when she was a few months old.  After that we lost touch until 18-24 months ago when I found her on facebook.

We had a lot of catching up to do.  She told me all about her kids and grandkids and her new apartment (she just moved out of the house she had lived in since about l968 or 69).  We spent close to two hours together, sharing news about our families and our friends Roxanne and Marcia.
Unfortunately, Marcia passed away many years ago.  I had not known that she had a seventh child, a girl names Jennifer.

After leaving Terry, I continued east, stopping in Walworth  to take a few pictures.
 I drove through Palmyra and saw a huge building which must have something to do with the Mormon church.  After that I got on the thruway and stayed on it until Canastota, then drove down to Route 20.  I arrived home around 5:15 p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment