Thursday, August 8, 2013

BUTTERNUT VALLEY SUMMER HARVEST FESTIVAL


I met up with Connie at the Morris Farmers Market today where they were having the BUTTERNUT VALLEY SUMMER HARVEST FESTIVAL. It is the first time I have gone to this event.  By the time I arrived, Connie had purchased a few items and put them in her car.  It was a very nice event, very low key, with lots of area farmers and farming organizations selling items and giving out information about their products and services.
They were giving out free ice cream cones and the EMPIRE HOUSE Restaurant in Gilbertsville was giving out samples of chicken and potato patties with a yogurt sauce.  This was very good!  There was a man who had very old arrowheads on dis play.

I ran into Sandy Scaccia, who I have not seen in probably 15 or more years.  I noticed Kathy Shimberg playing in this band, and we kind of mouthed "hi" to each other but I did not have a chance to talk with her.  Her band was playing as I left.
BUTTERNUT VALLEY SUMMER HARVEST FESTIVAL by JuneNYI purchased a few vegetables and a book commemorating the bicentennial of Otsego County.  Connie and I took a ten to fifteen minute walk around the perimeter of the park, but it was really too hot to go any further.

I talked for several minutes with Sarah, who did a college internship in landscaping at Brookwood Gardens and now she works there three days a week on Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays.  She said the gardens are in very good condition, better than they have been in years.  I hope to go soon.
It was a great way to spend a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment