Sunday, March 20, 2011

Waltzing Horse Farm Adventure

WaltzingHorseFarm 008 by JuneNY
WaltzingHorseFarm 008 a photo by JuneNY on Flickr.

Carol K has wanted me to go over to the Waltzing Horse Farm to watch her ride for several months. We tried to set several days and times to do this, but something always seemed to stand in the way.

She suggested today, and it worked out fine for me to meet here there. She told me to dress warm and wear my boots. I am glad I took her advice.

I met her there at 10:45. We went back to Sunny's stall, where he was eating his breakfast. After he was finished, Carol took him out and did some grooming and cleaned out an old injury in his groin. Sunny stood very well while Carol did this. Then it was off to the arena where Sara was giving a lesson. While she finished up the lesson, Carol got Sunny ready to ride. I was surprised at how much there is to this, and how long it took. Finally, they were ready to go.

First Carol walked Sunny around a bit, and then she got ready to mount him. This part was a little bit tricky, but she was successful in getting up on Sunny. I took several pictures and videos while she rode around the arena several times. After about a half an hour, she was ready to dismount. After taking the saddle, etc. off we took Sunny back to her stable.

Carol offered to treat me to lunch, so we went to NEW YORK PIZZERIA AND RESTAURANT in New Berlin.
(even though she was covered with horse hair). We shared a small cheese pizza and it was very good. I will put the pictures and videos on a "thumb drive" for Carol. I told her I will go over to "the farm" another time to take more if she wants me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment