Thursday, June 17, 2010

Table Rock ADVENTURE



Table Rock
Originally uploaded by JuneNY
There is a geocache hidden at TABLE ROCK. I have wanted to look for it since it was hidden about a year and a half ago, but today was my first good opportunity.

Luckless had told me a few times that you can drive right up to this cache, but she must know a different way to get to it.

emoneonta and I drove up to the Hartwick campus after working this morning. We had a bit of a hard time figuring out the best parking area, mostly because it was so overcast that our GPS's took a long time to get satellites. Eventually, we asked a security guy what was the best way to get there and he pointed us to the trailhead.

It was a bit of a walk uphill and then in the woods to get to the area known as TABLE ROCK. It is so neat! I had no idea that it was so huge! My GPS never really settled down, so we relied on Eileen's and it took us to within a couple of feet of the geocache. The name of it is TO THE BATCAVE, and the clue was "QUITE THE CLIFFHANGER".

Eileen spotted it, I retrieved it and emptied it out. We each took something and left something and signed the log and then walked back down to the parking area.

It was a great time in spite of it being cool, gray and overcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment