Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ice Cream Adventure: June 6, 2010


This was a short (and very sweet) adventure, but an adventure nonetheless. Connie and I took her mother Ann to the ICE CREAM SOCIAL today. It was supposed to be held in Wilber Park, but inclement weather meant that it was moved to an indoor location at THE FOOTHILLS, a local arts and theatre center on Market Street in Oneonta.

We arrived a bit early and started going around to view some of the exhibits. Various agencies in the area had set up areas where they had displays, information and sometimes activities for children to do. The ice cream came out around one p.m. It was free and all you can eat!

I had five small ice cream cones. The chocolate raspberry from Stewarts was the best and I requested that twice. I think Connie and Ann each had two or three bowls, and they each took a bowl with them when we left.

We didn't stay long. The noise level was bothering Connie and the longer we stayed, the heavier the crowds got. But we had fun and I took home a lot of freebies!

I hope to go to it again next year, but this time I hope the weather cooperates.


No comments:

Post a Comment