Friday, June 18, 2010

RETURN TO STAMFORD ADVENTURE!



Today I took my friend Linda to the nursing home in Stamford, New York so she could visit her mother.

While she was there, I did some exploration in the Village of Stamford. I located the BELVEDERE COUNTRY INN. It is the last remaining OPEN hotel in Stamford. The dozen or so others all closed down in the twentieth century.

Basically, I walked in the front door and explored most of the first floor for several minutes. Then I rang a bell at the "check in" desk and inquired about room rates, etc. I was shown a couple of rooms on the second floor.
The rooms are nice, but they do not have any air conditioning. One of the "double" rooms has a very nice sitting area. I took a lot of pictures which can be seen on my flickr photostream.

I was able to locate THE COLONIAL, a mansion right next door to the Cyr Center. It is indeed beautiful, but I did not stop to take any pictures.

I tried to find 5 Lake Street so I could see THE REXMERE LODGE, but no luck, I just could not find it. I found 7 Lake Street and right next door to it is Stewarts.

While driving down Main Street, I noticed a huge bell covered by a gazebo. I stopped to see if there was a plaque, but there was not one. It is in the yard of the United Methodist Church. Across the street is a colorful and interesting ice cream shop, which I took a couple of pictures of.

By then it was time to go pick Linda up at the nursing home. She chose TP's Cafe for lunch. I had the Beef Taco Salad and it was very good. I took a picture of the beautiful old tin ceiling. After lunch, we headed back to Linda's place where I dropped her off. We passed a geocache on the way, but I skipped it because it was getting so late.





No comments:

Post a Comment