Sunday, June 13, 2010

Golf Tournament Adventure


Ouleout Creek Golf Course
Originally uploaded by JuneNY
Today was the third annual Gold Tournament, a fundraiser for The Family Service Association. Mary asked me to work. I arrived at 8:30 a.m. and she assigned me to sit at the l8th hole with Fred Albrecht.

I took my spot and introduced myself to Fred. He explained what we had to do which was basically watch for golfers who land balls close to the hole, and measure to see who gets the closest. Of course there was always the chance that someone would get a hole in one and win ten thousand dollars! So, I guess verifying that was our most important task, but nobody got a hole in one!

There were over twenty teams so it took a little more than four hours for all of them to go through the eighteen holes. Geneen joined us at the halfway point, which made it easy for Fred and I to go get food (burgers and sausage with peppers was provided) and to walk around a bit.

Rudy came within l8 inches of getting a hole in one, and then we found out there there was not a prize for closest. I am not sure why they had us measuring.

After all the teams were done, door prizes were given out. I won a gift certificate to the Phoenix Grill. I cut the cake and served it while Mary and the others tallied up the money end of the event.

It was a good day and I think we raised a lot of money!


No comments:

Post a Comment