Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Lunch at ENH on December 15, 2017

A few years ago, Betty told me about the Christmas dinner offered to hospital employees and others.  I went twice with Betty, Elaine and Peg and David.  But this year,   Betty did not seem to know when it would be and Elaine kept asking both her and me for information about it.  Yesterday after my barium swallow, I meandered down to the cafeteria thinking I might get something light to eat since I had been fasting.  I saw this notice:
I took this picture and when I got home I immediately called Betty, Peggy and Elaine and told them about it.  Both Elaine and Betty wanted to go for lunch so we arranged to meet there today.  

The meal was outstanding, as it always is:
We each chose two out of three meats.  I chose the Cornish hen and stuffed beef.  The other choice was sliced pork.   Both of mine were delicious.  The vegetables and sides were great especially the scalloped apple/sweet potatoes and the cauliflower.  We were given a huge shrimp cocktail as an appetizer.   There was fresh fruit and a chocolate fountain.  The deserts were magnificent.  I had hot fudge sundae cheesecake.  The price for non hospital employees was a mere $10.80!!!!    I almost wish I could get hungry enough to return for supper.  

After leaving (Elaine called it waddling) the hospital we stopped at the CARENET Center so Elaine could pick up an item they were donating to the Presbyterian Home.  Cindra gave us a tour of the place.  It was very interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment