Friday, December 29, 2017

Christmas Dinner at my House: December 25, 2017

Carrie arrived home mid afternoon on December 24th.  We settled in for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and I gave her her gifts.  

On Christmas morning I called my grandkids and spoke to each of them as well as with Megan and Chris.  

I had invited Peggy and David, Katherine and Scott and Becky for Christmas dinner.   Katherine and Scott decided to accept a different invitation and Becky was sick, so it ended up just being the four of us:  myself, Carrie, Peg and David.  

Peg brought a lemon meringue pie and David had cooked the Appleton Farms Ham.  I provided
pineapple stuffing,  macaroni and cheese,  applesauce, rolls and butter, butternut squash casserole and cooked carrots.  The carrots did not turn out well, they just did not seem to cook thoroughly no matter how long I cooked them, first a few hours in the crockpot, then a half hour in the oven and then in the microwave.    Our meal was very good!!!

We exchanged gifts.  Peggy seemed to really like the crocheted throw I gave her.  They gave me a gift certificate to Millers Bulk Food Store.  I showed Peggy my Christmas decorations in my family room.  

My former mother in law made the two ceramic snowman heads with black hats and gave them to me.  

This little fiber optic tree belongs to Peggy, and I have that small collection of Christmas tins on display with it.  




I got this larger fiber optic tree at Rite Aid a year or two ago during their after Christmas sale.............75% off.  I really like it!

In the evening, Christa called.     It was a good day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment