Thursday, September 21, 2017

West Seneca, New York ADVENTURE

Once again, Mary Anne and I planned on going to Buffalo to take a free tour of City Hall.  However, when I called  I was told that the tour guide was not available, so there would not be a tour given today.  I called Mary Anne and we made a quick change of plans.

We decided to go to the BURCHFIELD ART AND NATURE CENTER in West Seneca, NY.  On the way there Mary Anne said she was hungry so we started looking for a spot to get something to eat.  We saw a CHECKERS and I was able to use  one of Peg's BUY ONE GET ONE FREE coupons there.  We both had a chicken sandwich and a drink. (the wild cherry pepsi tasted soooooooooo good)

We absolutely LOVED the Nature Center.  My entire set of pics taken there can be seen here:  www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/sets/72157689400335985   but I  think these are my favorites from Burchfield:


After leaving this wonderful area, we looked for four geocaches, finding THREE of them.  The first one was at a huge Pet Cemetery, where we enjoyed looking at and reading the grave stones.  
At  another geocache spot we saw two interesting mounds.  Here is one: 
We had passed a restaurant that advertised mac and cheese and Mary Ann wanted to find it so we could have an early supper.  We found it!
Our meal was outstanding.  We shared the 1531 Deli Salad and a small serving of Beef on Weck Macaroni and cheese.  Good thing we ordered the small (on the advice of the waitress), because it really was more than enough.  But we finished both the salad and the mac and cheese.

On the way back, Mary Ann drove a bit out of her way to show me the Lancaster Opera house (at my request).  Note to self:  SMOKING LITTLE DINER on Broadway just before we turned right to get back on 78, looks like a REALLY old, interesting small diner.  

It was a wonderful day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment