Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Day Trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake August 2, 2016

Several months ago, Betty mentioned that she would like to go to Niagara-on-the-Lake, in Ontario.  I had wanted to go there to see the old pharmacy museum, which I heard about many years ago.  When Betty told me that she had a week off from work, I suggested we choose a day and go and she chose today.  We met up at her house a little before nine and headed out using her daughters father in laws directions.

Our first stop was after we crossed the border, near Queenston for a great view of the Niagara River.

and then we continued to Niagara-on-the-Lake.  We drove through the tourist area and found a parking spot just beyond the area with the stores.  It took about ten minutes or more to figure out how to use the machine where we bought our permit.  

We went into several small shops, and also into tnto the Visitors Center which is in the old court house.  Eventually we found the APOTHECARY MUSEUM.  When we got there, the CLOSED sign was on the door, but while I was standing there wondering about it, a woman flipped the sign and let us in.  It is a very neat museum, and here are some pictures.  


We had lunch at the IRISH HARP, and it was very good.  
 I had a
brie and poached pear grilled cheese and it was delicious even though it was not grilled, the bread was toasted
After lunch, we walked back down Queen Street, but on the opposite side of the street.  We stopped a couple of times to look for postcards.  We went into one or two art galleries.  

On the way back towards the bridge, I noticed a tiny church that I intend to check out the next time I go to NOTL.  

After crossing the border we stopped in Lewiston where we had frozen custard at Hibbards and I went to DeCamillo's where I used a BOGO coupon and got two pieces of garlic/brocolli pizza for supper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment