Saturday, August 6, 2016

Quarry Adventure August 6, 2016

Peggy picked me up and we met David and his grandsons, Noah and Josh, at LaFarge Quarry for an Open House.

They offered burgers, cheeseburgers and hot dogs, chips and cold drinks.  We only had drinks because we were planning on going out to lunch.  Everyone was offered a yellow or white helmet.

Large equipment was on display:

They had free bus tours of the quarry,
The tour must have taken a half an hours, and our tour guide was an employee of the quarry.  Several times, he said "we take big rocks and turn them into smaller rocks. "

Here are a couple of my pictures:  


I thoroughly enjoyed this event.  I brought home some rocks (dolomite) as well as my helmet.  

Then we all went to Olive Garden for lunch, which was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment