Monday, August 8, 2016

Discover Niagara SHUTTLE Adventure 8/8/16

Today was Carol's last day in Lockport and our last chance to do something fun together.

 I had heard of the free shuttle from the falls to the fort.  I decided that starting in Lewiston would be easiest.

On the way to Lewiston I turned off of Route 31 onto 459.   After a minute or two, I said to Carol "it looks like there is a huge American flag in the road up ahead of us.  She saw it, also.  We stopped and pulled over to take pictures.
While we were parked, a procession of emergency vehicles and a hearst came through.
We drove to Lewiston and went to the Visitors Center where I was given some info and we were given two tickets and told where to wait for the bus.  We were told that it would be about two hours from start to finish if we did not get off at any of the spots   While waiting for the bus, I wondered out loud if we might get hungry during the ride and Carol said we might, so I ran over to DeCamillo's and bought two plain donuts to take with us.  Shortly after I got back across the street,  the bus arrived
We headed first towards Youngstown and Old Fort Niagara   This was the only spot where we had a few minutes to get out.  Carol and I both took pictures of the lighthouse.  
We did not get off at any of the stops, but we enjoyed the scenery esp of the Niagara River.  Our bus driver did not narrate or tell us any history of the area.  

Eventually, we arrived back in Lewiston and were dropped off right near where I parked my car. We both needed to use a bathroom, so I drove down to the SILO and we used the outside ladies room.  Carol walked down to see the statue and I picked her up.  We went to DeCamillo's Bakery and bought a few items.  

We located SMOKING JOE'S INDIAN HILL DOG STAND and had lunch.  And then we headed back to Lockport where we went to Johnson's for frozen custard. 






No comments:

Post a Comment