Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mini-Solo Adventure

TWISTED ART COMPANY by JuneNY
TWISTED ART COMPANY, a photo by JuneNY on Flickr.
well, it was not supposed to be solo! Joyce called me yesterday and we set a time to meet up at her apartment in Sidney, with pretty vague plans just to get together and go out for lunch. However, when I arrived at the agreed upon time, she was not home. I waited a bit and then decided that things were just not going to work out for her and I today.

I decided to check out the village or hamlet of Sidney Center. I had been there before to geocache, but my camera was acting up that day and I had been unable to get pictures of the old train depot.................I found the depot easily today.  I stopped at the post office to mail a package, and I also went into a store called THE STORE.  Seems like it is mostly a sub shop now, with a few grocery items.  On the way back to Sidney, I followed a sign that  said YOUNGS, which turned out to be a tiny berg or hamlet.

By this time I was getting hungry, but as I drove down Main Street I didn't see any place that appealed to me.  I took Route 7 back to Oneonta, and stopped at the PARKVIEW DELI before I got to Unadilla.  I had a burger and a Snapple. As I was leaving, I noticed an interesting small building next door to the deli so I decided to check it out.  Thats it at the top.  It seems to be a small workshop in which someone does some artistic work in metal.  I noticed the ghost sign for DUKES DINER propped up just inside the doorway on the right hand side.

I stopped at the Variety Store in Unadilla to get some dish liquid and then I headed for home.  I still haven't heard from Joyce, I hope everything is OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment