Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013 outing

Amish Barn 001 by JuneNY
Amish Barn 001, a photo by JuneNY on Flickr.

Thinking that I will be cooped up for a couple of days due to an incoming story, I decided I really needed to get OUT today. I called my friend Judy and suggested that I bring lunch out to her in Westford, and she agreed.

I picked up an Italian BMT, twelve inch at Subway and then picked up chocolate shakes and chocolate turnovers at Arby's, and arrived at her house just in time for lunch.

Everything was great and we thoroughly enjoyed out meal together. We sat and talked for over an hour and then I headed home.

I had brought my camera and I was itching to stop and take a picture or two but I felt sure I would not see anything picture worthy. However, I drove by a business called THE AMISH BARN COMPANY, and decided that I should finally check it out.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is a HUGE gift shop, with lots of antique and vintage items. I asked about a couple of items I am looking for (a china rooster and some Fenton hobnail salt dips, but they did not either item.

I took a few pictures and then did a few errands in Oneonta.

No comments:

Post a Comment