Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11th, 2102 The Secret Woods and More

The Secret Woods by JuneNY
The Secret Woods, a photo by JuneNY on Flickr.
Recently, I found a couple of trails in a wooded area behind a facility/business in Oneonta. I don't think I should give out the location, so I will refer to it as "The Secret Woods". I told my friend Connie about it and she and I set up a time to meet and take a walk.

There are two trails and we chose the one that appeared shorter. It was wonderful! We encountered a falling down log cabin,

 a creek, some huge old hemlocks, a skull, some giant ferns and more. It seemed like every few feet there was something to take a picture of.

After our walk, we decided to meet up at SIMPLY THAI  (former Corfu Diner)

 for a late lunch. Our meals were delicious and we vowed to go again as soon as possible.

I noticed the FORD ghost sign on top of the old Ford dealership as we walked towards the parking garage and stopped to take a picture, and I also stopped in West Oneonta to take a picture of this: 


It was a great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment