Wednesday, October 19, 2011

LIGHTHOUSE ADVENTURE: October 17, 2011

When we were teens, camping out with my family at GOLDEN HILLS STATE PARK, my friend Barb and I explored an empty lighthouse. It was right on the grounds of the campground and the door was not secured. We had a great time going up the winding staircase and looking around. I guess this was my very first URBAN EXPLORATION experience, even though most likely that term had not been coined yet.

Today was a fairly nice (but windy) day and I called Barb and asked her if she wanted to go to REID'S for lunch. She did, so I picked her up and we went to Reids and then we headed out to Golden Beach State Park. We located it and saw the lighthouse. There is a museum in the building now, and I think maybe it is also a B and B. Here are some pictures;


Then we headed back to Lockport. We made one stop at the HEARTLAND QUILT SHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment