Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bufffalo Central Terminal ADVENTURE (10/24/2011)

Peggy mentioned to me that the Buffalo Central Terminal (a huge old abandoned train station) was going to be open to the public today, at no charge, and I jumped at the idea of going to see it.

I spent the morning with my Dad at the nursing home and then we headed out when she was done with church, stopping at a Quizno's on the Transit for a quick lunch. We stopped at Salvator's Italian Gardens for a couple of minutes, so I could take some pictures since it was too dark for that a few nights ago when we went to the CareNet Banquet.

I thoroughly enjoyed THE CENTRAL TERMINAL. It is in the process of being restored, but it looks like it will take YEARS to complete it. Here are a few pictures.






After that we decided to look for a couple of geocaches. The first is hidden near this museum (IRON ISLAND MUSEUM)
which has been featured on one of the ghost hunting programs on television. We did not have any luck. The second is hidden around the railroad area, but we could not figure out how to get to the right spot.....we kept being blocked by dead ends and railroad cars. So we gave up and headed back to Lockport. We had one stop along the way NIAGARA COUNTY PRODUCE,
where I purchased a couple of items for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment