Thursday, October 13, 2011

GEOCACHE #400 and Clarence Center Adventure

Peg called me this morning and told me about a new geocache hidden at Cold Springs Cemetery. After I put supper in the crockpot (little before noon) I went and found it. I had a couple of free hours so I decided to drive to Clarence Center to see an old store (ESHELMAN'S) and to find a geocache that would bring my number of finds to 400.

The store is great! It is a gift shop now, but still has many of the original cupboards, drawers and counters. I took a few pictures. Then I headed to Clarence Hollow to see the site of an old mill. Now it is a fancy hotel or bed and breakfast.
I saw several picture worthy buildings and places, but only made one more pic. stop, here:

After that I found #400 in a gazebo kind of between Clarence Center and Clarence Hollow. I stopped to take a picture of a farmstand the other side of Clarence Center
and then headed to Lockport. I stopped for a frozen custard at Anderson's
and then returned to Briody's to spend some time with Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment