Friday, August 27, 2010

Franklin and Walton Adventure

Connie and I took a day trip to Walton today, stopping in Franklin along the way. The main purpose of the trip was to go to Tony's Shoe Store in Walton. Connie had heard about Tony's from her handyman. Tony is known for his adjustments to shoes to make them fit better.

We met up at 8:40 at Home Depot. We headed towards Walton. We stopped at the BEEHIVE (restaurant) in Franklin. We bought muffins and then continued on our drive. We arrived at Tony's Shoe Store about 9:40 a.m.

I was lucky enough to get a parking spot directly across the street. Connie wanted to take a few minutes to have a snack, so I took my shoes and went in. I met Frank (the owner of this 98 year old shoe store) and told him about my shoe issues. He agreed to stretch the two pairs of shoes I had. He brought out some New Balance shoes in my size and I tried them on. I purchased two pair, one black and one white.

By this time, Connie had joined us. I was finished, so I took off to look around Walton while she finished up her business with Frank. I just did some general exploring. I found a couple of abandoned buildings, took a picture of an interesting church and also found a huge beautiful mansion called THE MUSIC HOUSE. I took a couple pictures of historical signs before heading back to TONY's. I was lucky enough to get the same parking spot directly across the street and Connie walked out of the shoe store just as I pulled up.

We put her bags in my car and I suggested we go up to the diner for lunch. Papa's Diner is a classic old time diner complete with all the shiny metal.
We ordered lunch and took it to a rest area along a river a couple of miles away.

After lunch, we went into four antique shops. I made a couple of small purchases at Craftiques, and here is a picture of the owner of that delightful small shop:
and then I went back to Tony's to pick up the shoes he was stretching for me. Then we went to a nearby park where a geocache was hidden. We found the geocache and enjoyed our walk in the woods.

Then it was time to head home. Once again we stopped in Franklin for a few minutes break. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment