Monday, August 23, 2010

Bainbridge Adventure with Carol

My plans for today were to go geocaching with Leslie, but we woke up to rain so we scratched that plan. I had that "all dressed up and no place to go feeling" and thought to myself "well, there must be something to do that won't be ruined by the rain. I realized I needed fresh fruits and vegetables, so I decided on a trip to Bainbridge to go to THE FROGPOND (a huge fruit and vegetable stand). I called Leslie and suggested we go to Bainbridge, but she said she decided to stay home because her mother was not doing very well. I called Carol K. and she jumped on the idea and she arrived at my house within the hour.


We headed out to Bainbridge. On the way Carol said she would like to stop at KMart in Sidney to look for some sneakers for her grandson. We went but she could not find anything in his size. I found a few items. Then we had lunch in LITTLE CAESER'S.

When we got to Bainbridge, we went to the Mennonite Store first and then to FrogPond.
Carol and I shopped and loaded stuff into the back of my mini van and then we both realized we forgot one or two items, so we shopped a second time!

As we drove back through Bainbridge to start our drive home, I noticed a car in front of the small museum. I said to Carol "lets check to see if it is open". It was open and we stopped and spent about forty minutes there. It is really a cute little museum. Its amazing how many large businesses used to be in Bainbridge. I took several pictures which can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/sets/72157624794189256/

No comments:

Post a Comment