Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Adventure
















Normally I go to church Sunday mornings, but this morning I decided to skip. In all the years (23) that I have lived here, I have never gone to the Cooperstown Winter Festival. I have always wanted to see the ice sculptures and I decided this was the year to see them. I asked my friend Terry if she was interested and she was. After talking to Terry, I thought of Yvette and Terry tried to reach her by phone but was unable to.
We met up at Price Chopper at ten and headed to Cooperstown. First thing, we went down to Lake Front Park to see the sculptures. There were only four this year, and while they were small, they were very good.
From there, we went to an information booth and purchased our pins that were our ticket into free activities. One of the free activities was admission to the Baseball Hall of Fame. I had been years ago, before the renovation and so had Terry, so we decided to do that. The price for adults is $16.50 and we only paid three dollars for the pins, so it was a good deal, and it was interesting.
In the gift shop at the Hall of Fame, I noticed a book about Otsego County and I leafed through it. I had always wondered what that huge building on Route 28 in Hartwick is, and I opened right to a picture of it. It used to be associated with a grist mill.
After the museum, we had lunch at the COOPERSTOWN DINER (picture attached to this blog). We had chicken and biscuits, their Sunday special, and it was delicious. I could not even finish mine......you should have seen the HUGE pile of REAL mashed potatoes.
After that, we went to a quilt display at the Cooperstown Library. It was great! I took a ton of pictures. Then we headed home. We stopped for a few minutes to visit Terry's friend who is in THE MANORS, a nursing home just outside of Cooperstown. We also stopped to take a picture of the old gristmill building. Its the one at the top.
It was a great day and I was tired when I got home. I fixed a very tasty fish/corn/potato chowder for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment