Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15, 2010 Geocaching and more!











Luckless and I set up a short geocaching expedition for today. We met up at her house at ten thirty a.m. and headed out. Our first stop was at Riddell Park, where there is a new geocache hidden just outside the entrance gates. We could not look for it because there was a guy sitting in his car facing the area of the hide. So, we left and drove to Fergusonville to try again to find THE SECRET SWIMMING HOLE geocache. This was our second try, and we were unsuccessful again. I think I know where it is, but I would risk sliding down a bank into the creek if I tried to look in that particular spot. Maybe in a couple of months when the snow is gone...........
As we were leaving that area, I suggested that we drive to Buttermilk Falls to see how it looks in the winter. We found it easily and here is a picture. It is really beautiful frozen over like this. You can still hear water moving, but you cannot see it.
From there we headed out towards West Kortright to look for AKIVA'S MUSIC MAN CACHE. It turned out that this geocache was hidden in the yard of a beautiful old Presbyterian Church. We found this one easily. I was particularly intrigued by the outhouse that was also in the church yard. So, I took a few pictures.
From there we headed back into Oneonta to try again at Riddell Park. This time we were the only car parked in the parking area, and we found this geocache easily. It was full of travel bugs. Luckless took one or two, but I didn't take any. It was almost one thirty p.m. and I suggested getting something to eat. We went to Pondo's 2 in Colliersville and had a nice lunch ,even though the cold breeze everytime someone opened the door was torture!

No comments:

Post a Comment