Saturday, March 24, 2018

Broadway Market, Curtiss Hotel and more: Saturday 3/24/18

There were a few changes in plans for today but our final plan was to  go to Buffalo to the Broadway Market, then to the Curtiss Hotel for a free tour, and then back to Lockport to go o a basket raffle fundraiser at the South Lockport Fire Hall.

The Broadway Market was SO crowded, but Peggy, David and I walked around and checked things out for a full hour.  Peg and I split a pierogie
David purchased a Polish Sausage on a roll from the same vendor (Pierogies by Paula).
  David and I each had a peanut donut from the White Eagle Bakery.  We had several samples of various items.  Peggy purchased a bottle of wine and David found some pierogis that did not have potatoes in them.



My camera gave out after I took a few pictures.  I guess I forgot to charge the battery.  

We all loved the Curtiss Hotel.  It is so luxurious.  Peggy took some pictures at my request.  Our tour guide was Connor, and he is very Irish.  

We headed back to Lockport and debated about where we should stop for supper.  We finally decided to go to the fundraiser.  We were disappointed to find that there was a $25 admission fee which included food and entertainment.  We decided not to do it, but Peggy and I each gave a cash donation for the woman with cancer.

We decided on TACO BELL for supper and then went to JoJo's for ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment