Friday, October 20, 2017

Met Jean near East Aurora, NY Friday 10/20/17

Jean and I were friends back in the early l980's but we lost contact when I moved to the Oneonta area in l986.  I was able to find her phone number on the internet and contacted her about a month ago.  Last night I realized that I had a free day today so I called her and she agreed to meet up with me today.

I woke up to a gorgeous fall day!  We met up at the Yellow Goose on the corner of Big Tree Road and Two Rod Road, between East Aurora and Wales Center.  It is a huge convenience store.  I suggested that we drive a few miles east to go to the Wales Center Hotel.  I had called them last night to make sure they were open today and was told that they were.

We drove past it because it does not have a sign, but eventually (after a phone call) we found it.
We  did not eat there because they did not have any real tables and chairs, just barstools and tall tables with tall stools.  Jean can not use those tall stools.  We did use the ladies room, which was nice, and talked with the bartender and a customer.  Jean is such a good sport she said that this was "an experience".  It sure was.

We decided to just go back to the Yellow Goose.  I had a sub and Jean had a calzone.  My sandwich was just fine, but I think it was a bit expensive (over six dollars).  We visited for an hour or more and got each other caught up on all that has happened to both of us over the years.  Its been over thirty years.  

Jean needed some WHITE OUT, so we drove to East Aurora to go to a CVS to get it.  Then I took her back to the Yellow Goose to get her car.  We agreed to try to get together sometime in the spring, since winter is getting so close.

On the way back, I turned off of 78 to check out this old diner that I noticed not too long ago when I was out with Mary Ann.    It is on Route 20 in Depew, on the way to the Lancaster Opera House.  
 I had a piece of bumbleberry pie with a scoop of ice cream.  It was delicious.
I stopped at WalMart in Lockport to pick up an item that I ordered. (a bed wedge).

No comments:

Post a Comment