Sunday, October 8, 2017

Drive to Carol's on Sunday, October 8, 2017

I left Lockport at about 9:15 a.m. and I got on the thruway near Pembroke.  I continued to Exit 41 where I got off in order to get on Route 20.   I  came upon THREE situations that held up my journey:  HOLDUP #1, as soon as I found 20, there was an accident up ahead.  Traffic heading east was stopped for several minutes and then we were directed to turn around.  I stopped in a nearby parking lot and had a light lunch and looked at the map and figured out a different way to get to 20.

HOLDUP #2, As I was passing Navarino's Orchards, I noticed that there were a LOT of people there, and that the APPLE FRITTER building was open and doing business. The line was long and slow, but since it was the first time I ever saw it open and I really wanted to try the fritters, I waited............
It was well worth the wait!  You get three for three dollars and tlhey are hot and fresh.  
I noticed a lot of people at other Apple Orchards along the way, HOLDUP #3 was when I got close to Lafayette, traffic stopped (for about twenty minutes, I think) because of the crowds coming and going.  I called Carol while I was waiting but I could not hear her.  I spoke anyways, explaining that I was stuck in traffic.  

After getting out of that traffic, I punched New Berlin into my GPS and it took me on some backroads where I saw some nice color. 
I am not sure where I was.  

I arrived at Carols house a bit before 4:30.  She was ready to leave to go to her friend Janes house for supper, but I told her I needed to rest a bit, which I did.

We had supper with Jane
and her husband Rich and their friend Chris.  Jane and Rich have a beautiful log home that they built themselves.  Supper was amazing...........baked ziti and salad and garlic bread.  Apple pie and apple strudel for desert.  

It was a good, but tiring day. .

No comments:

Post a Comment