Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas 2016 at my house

Once again, I had Christmas Dinner at my house.  My guests were Peggy, David, Scott, Katherine Becky, Karra and Carrie.  Dinner was planned for 3:30 p.m.

I spent the morning cleaning and cooking.  The menu was
HAM (that David cooked and brought)
pineapple sauce for the ham (that Peggy made and brought)
baked beans
winter squash casserole
corn
rolls and butter
macaroni and cheese (new crockpot recipe)
raisin sauce for the ham


desert was Cherry Crumb pie (that Katherine brought)
and Strawberry Rhubarb pie that Becky brought.
plus I offered dark chocolate Christmas bark and Chex Mix

Everything was delicious.  Becky brought scented candles in small cast iron
frying pans for all the ladies.  I lit mine (vanilla) after everyone had left.


After Becky, Catherine and Karra left, Peggy and David and Carrie and I exchanged gifts.

In the evening, I called my grandkids and talked with them.  Christa called me and we talked for a while.

It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment