Saturday, June 27, 2015

Batavia and more ADVENTURE

Karra and I went to Batavia so she could visit her mothers grave.

Then we headed up to Route 104.  We stopped at THE MILL vintage and gift shop in Elba, New York and then in Barre Center, we stopped at the old grange building where I purchased a book.
where there was a rummage sale going on.  Saw this interesting abandoned business just down the road
Apparently, it was a pickle or cabbage factory (maybe sourkraut) which closed a few years ago.  We tried to make out the name and I  think it was J. Vicari Produce.  

Then we drove towards Albion.  Stopped at THE MILL, a great antique, vintage and gift shop. 
I think this is where I purchased four red TEXAS WARE plates for a dollar!  

We reached 104 and had lunch at TILLMAN'S VILLAGE INN.  I had the LOBSTERWURST, which was a seafood sandwich and it was delicious.  Then we headed back to Rochester.  We saw a lot of places that we would have liked to stop, but we resisted.

I stopped at a McDonalds for a Dr. Pepper and we continued on our way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment