Friday, December 2, 2011

Downtown Oneonta Adventure

Mary, Geneen, Kim, Carol, Eileen and I met up at Family Services at noon today and headed out to lunch. We had lunch at THE YELLOW DELI.
I had the veggie burger, which was pretty good. It had tomato and avocado on it. I also tried some of the "hummus" that Eileen ordered. It was pretty good! If I go in again, I will just order their delicious homemade bread and a side dish of hummus!


After lunch we headed down Main Street to window shop and go into some of the small shops. Many store windows had gingerbread houses on display, from a recent contest. Here are a few:
This one won first place in the "family" category.


Some of the small shops we went into:
Maxwells (both sides) is very colorful inside!

We also went into the Artisans Guild and the Art Supply Center. Some of the "ladies" made several purchases today. We checked out the Hospice Consignment store. I picked up this postcard at the Artisans Guild.

I noticed this picture of the Health Bar (really a restaurant) in the basement of Bresee's Department Store.
It is posted on the front door of the Bresee building along with a couple of other pictures.

It turned out to be a fun afternoon. We finished up around 4:30 p.m. I drove Carol home and then headed to West Laurens. Its not often that I spend any time on Main Street in Oneonta and I have to make a point to do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment