Monday, November 21, 2011

Lockport November 17-21, 2011

Early afternoon on November 17th, I headed to Lockport in my "new" Pacifica. I arrived in Lockport just in time to join my sister at her churches annual THANKSGIVING DINNER. It was a great meal, complete with all the traditional Thanksgiving foods and a lot more! I left right after I finished my meal so that I could visit with Dad at Briody's before it go too late. Then I went to Dad's apartment where I got settled in for the long weekend.

Friday morning, I went to Tom's Diner for an early breakfast. I had FLAT STANLEY with me. My plans were to take him to a couple of picturesque spots on and near the locks, but it was so cold and windy, that Stanley had to settle for looking at the locks from a window at the rear of Tom's.
I spent all morning with Dad, and then went to his place and fixed myself a light lunch and then returned to Briody's. Dad was awake so I spent the afternoon with him. I took about an hour break late in the afternoon and went to find two geocaches. That night Peggy and I went to MOE'S SOUTHWEST GRILL out on the transit. MOE'S is a kind of do it yourself Mexican place. You choose your taco or burrito or whatever, and then you decide what kind of fillings you want on it. Peg and I had THE HOMEWRECKER Burrito and it was huge and delicious.
They offer a free salsa bar and unlimited chips. We stopped at Andersons for a frozen custard on the way back to Lockport.

Saturday, when I went into Briodys, Dad did not seem to be doing well. He spoke about feeling as if he had developed asthma and said something was different in his throat. He spent quite a bit of time cleaning his mouth out with swabs. My brother Mike came out, at my request, after Dad asked for him a couple of times. As soon as Mike arrived, Dad perked up and seemed to feel fine! Go figure! My nephews Marty and Andrew arrived and we all visited in "the great room". Peggy and I had tentatively planned to go out geocaching a bit in the afternoon, but that did not work out. But she and I did go out to supper at a bar type restaurant on the transit. I don't recall the name, but the food was pretty good.

I skipped church on Sunday because it was my last day in Lockport. I spent the morning with Dad. He went to the exercise group. After church, Peg and I met up at Briody's. Dad settled in for an afternoon nap and Peggy and I went to PIZZA KITCHEN and I bought us pizza for lunch which we had at 17. After lunch, we both took naps. I got up early and went back out to Briody's. Peggy met me there at 4:15 p.m. and we took Dad for a walk. Then she treated us to supper at TACO BELL. After that we drove to Lewiston to see a Festival of Lights at a Catholic shrine.
It was VERY nice. I bought a couple of postcards. It was while at the festival that I realized I did not have a memory card in my camera. I was able to take a couple of pictures and store them in my camera.

Early Sunday morning, I packed up my car and headed across the state. I snacked my way across the state: pizza, donuts, french fries, a cookie. I stopped in Canastota and found one geocache. I had looked before, and then realized where it was, so it only took me a couple of minutes.

I arrived home around 2:15, hoping to find Christa here, but she had not arrived yet. Ryan dropped her off around 4:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment