Saturday, November 12, 2011

Back Roads Adventure

I went to Westford to spend some time with my friend, Judy. She wanted to go out to lunch and I agreed. She suggested a newly reopened restaurant in Richmondville, so we headed out Route 7, however, we never found the place we were looking for so we hopped on 88 and headed back to Worcester where we ate at Ardy's which is one of our favorite places.

After that I suggested we look for an old schoolhouse that I recently heard about, and Judy agreed. However, it appeared that the road leading to it (the road my GPS took me to, anyways) was closed for repairs. Judy said that it was probably damage from the recent flooding which caused the closing. So we just kept driving and ended up in South Valley. Judy wanted to show me the South Valley Womens Club which is in a former church.

She said that most months they offer a free will meal on one Saturday afternoon a month. Also, I noticed this storefront and this monument.



So, Judy and I did not make it to the schoolhouse, but after I dropped her off, I decided to see if I could find it. I did find it, but there is nothing about the private dwelling that resembles a former schoolhouse, so I didn't take a picture.

I took a couple of pictures in Westville, and on the way back to Oneonta, I found a really small, very old, very uncared for cemetery.
I took a few pictures and hid a geocache. When I got home, I looked in my cemetery map and found out that it is the Platt Hollow Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment