Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bloomville Adventure

Luckless and I met up at her house mid morning and headed towards Bloomville to find some geocaches. Our first stop was at a cache called ROOM WITH A VIEW. Luckless found it rather quickly, but the terrain spooked me a bit, so I didn't even locate it on my own. The view really was nice from this spot way out in the middle of nowhere.

We arrived in Bloomville and I noticed a very interesting old building which must have been a former creamery, so I took several pictures

and then we went to the site of NANO,NANO, IT ALL STARTS HERE. Even with a very good clue, we were unable to find this nano (a very tiny geocache). So, we headed to another one called HUMMER HAVEN. Again, Luckless located this one, but I was able to located it on my own after she backed away. This is a very interesting spot along the trail, but I wish we had seen the hummingbirds nest that is somewhere close to the cache. After that, we found the Bloomville General Store so that we could use their restroom.
We decided to purchase a sub and split it. This store is not much to look at from the front, but is very interesting inside. I took some pictures.

After that, it was time to find BLOOMVILLE WALK, which was not too far away from NANO, NANO. On the way to it, we saw the remains of a turntable for the former railroad that ran through Bloomville years ago.
Once again, Luckless was the lucky one, but there was no way that I would have tried to climb up that rocky bank. After that, we went to find OSPREY,YOU SPRAY, CAN YOU FIND THE CACHE TODAY? I really should have found this one because I looked right at it, but eventually Luckless DID find it. Then we went on to look for X-TRA TASTY WATER. Finally!!! I found this one, right across the road from a natural spring.

On the way back to Oneonta, we stopped to look for X-AHEAD. I had tried for this one before without success and was pretty much convinced that we would not find it today, but Leslie found it, and she managed to get it down from a very high hiding place, we signed it, and she replaced it.

It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment