Thursday, July 14, 2011

Emmons Pond Bog ADVENTURE

I had vowed to stay home and get caught up on housework today, but when Connie called at eight a.m. and said it would be a perfect day to go to "the bog", my determination wavered and I gave in...........



We met up at Home Depot and transferred my stuff to her new van. We had a bit of trouble finding THE BOG, but we finally arrived.

We followed the trail in to the "sign in box". We both signed in.
We took the short path behind the sign in box. At the end, there is an "earthcache", so I took a picture of my GPS to prove I was there. Several years ago, an eagle scout built a boardwalk around the bog, but that was destroyed by flooding a few years ago. In the area behind the sign in box, I noticed a very old, deteriorating stone wall:
I particularly like this picture of the dead trees standing in the bog.

We backtracked to the sign in box and started down the "long path". I am not sure how far we walked, but Connie got tired and after resting a bit, we turned back. The bog is truly a beautiful place and I took MANY pictures, here are a few more:




We were the only ones on the trail today. After going to Home Depot to pick up my minivan,we went to ALFRESCO's for a slice of pizza. We took our pizza to Neahwa Park where we had a picnic lunch. While there, we watched as some workers opened up the portable stage.

It turned out to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment