Monday, May 23, 2011

SOLO ADVENTURE: May 23, 2011

I had some legal papers to file at the County Clerk's Office today. I decided to add in some fun. On the way to Cooperstown, I stopped at the Blue Parking Lot and I found the geocache that I had hunted for twice before. I had a quick success and then went on to the Clerk's Office where I conducted my business.

Then I went to the Cooperstown Library to see the exhibit COOPERSTOWN MEMORIES. I was a bit disappointed, it was not what I was expecting. I checked out that exhibit as well as the ESSENTIAL ART exhibit. This guitar was my favorite piece.

I then drove to the hamlet of Schuyler Lake, at the bottom of Canaderago Lake. The former name of Canaderago Lake was Schuyler Lake.

I had lunch at this diner that I learned about on flickr.com.
I hid a geocache at the Schuyler Lake Cemetery. I drove around a bit and took a few pictures: an old abandoned school, the vacant (but not abandoned) Schuyler Lake Hotel, and a couple of churches including the one that burned recently.

On the way home, I stopped at the Fly Creek Cider Mill because a sample of cold cider sounded so good! I had that and a couple of other samples. I saw these ducks (or maybe they are geese)
and then headed back home.

It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment