Saturday, May 14, 2011

Greenway Trail Adventure

Connie and I met up in Oneonta this morning.
Rain was predicted, but we decided to take our chances.

First we went to the Oneonta Susquehanna Greenway Trail. We took our time and walked about half of it. I took several pictures including the one up above. The rain held off until after we left the trail.

Then we picked up lunch at Foti's. We split a sub and a giant brownie.

Then we went to the Swart-Wilcox House where they were holding a baked goods and flower sale.
Connie purchased some iris and some daffodils to plant in her yard.

We were taken on a tour of the OLDEST HOUSE IN ONEONTA. Here are a couple of pictures from the inside. They kept livestock in the basement.



We didn't feel like wrapping the day up, so we
went to the mall to walk and look around. We reminisied about the old days before malls existed.

I showed Connie this old bicycle in one of the shops.
I think the name of the store is COUNTRY JUNCTION. This bicycle looks a lot like I remember the bicycle I had when I was a kid.

It turned out to be a great day even though it rained in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment