Friday, May 13, 2011

FIVE OUT OF FIVE GEOCACHING ADVENTURE!

Leslie and I got together this morning for a few hours of geocaching. The weather forecast was not favorable, but we decided to take our chances. Our first stop was Riddell Park where there were three dog walk caches that we wanted to find. We were able to find all three of them (Leslie actually spotted all three of them first) as we did a "loop" around the park. Here is a picture I took of the creek that runs through the park:
May13thGeocaching 001 by JuneNY
May13thGeocaching 001, a photo by JuneNY on Flickr.

And here are a couple of other pictures that I took in Riddell Park:


While hiking the trails to the geocache, we saw many birds and heard some lovely
bird songs.

After that we went to look for BRIDGE OVER DUCKY WATERS. We had looked for this one before (I think I may have looked twice, but Leslie said she looked six times) without success. I was pretty sure we would not be successful this time, BUT I found
it within seconds. In fact, it took longer to replace the log into the tiny "nano" than it did to find the geocache!

We decided we had time for one more, so we drove up to the "middle reservoir" to find RESERVOIR DUCKIES, another one which we had looked for unsuccessfully in the past. We found it within a minute or two. Another nano! They are so tiny......its amazing that a log fits inside.

Finding FIVE geocaches in about 2.5 hours is kind of a record for me! It was a great day!

After that, I went home and picked Christa up and we went for a late lunch at BROOKS HOUSE OF BARBEQUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment