Tuesday, February 13, 2018

PACZKI DAY 2018 at the Broadway Market in Buffalo, NY

Elaine and I went to Buffalo for PACZKI DAY 2018.   Paczki's are  filled donuts that are baked on FAT TUESDAY or SHROVE TUESDAY which was today.
  Paula's Donuts also offers them  ONLY on this particular day.

I drove and Elaine navigated.  I only drove on ONE one way street! (right next to the market)  Thankfully, nobody was coming towards me, so I did a U turn and quickly got out of that predicament.  We parked in the parking garage, which was not crowded, so we got a good spot close to the escalator.

We had a great time.   I was interviewed by SPECTRUM NEWS, and told I might be on TV later on today, but I think they eliminated me from their footage.   Here is a picture I took of the photographer.
We talked with Paula who makes and sells pierogis.  

We purchased our lunch at BABCIAS
We shared the BUFFALO TRIO, three pierogis:  Beef on Weck, Buffalo Wing and Stuffed Banana Pepper.  

and we split a Keilbasa Bomber, which had red cabbage and Weber's Mustard on it.
Both were absolutely delicious and we went back to Babcias to tell them how much we liked their food.  

I had a Bavarian cream PACZKI from 
Chrusciki's.    Elaine does not eat yeast donuts, but she tried a bit of mine.  
It was quite good!   We each also had a piece of sponge candy and a cookie from Chrusciki's.  

It was too early for Butter Lambs, but we did see some delicacies  

There was live Polish music
A photographer from the BUFFALO NEWS took our picture and said it would be on their website  
I finally found it: 
 I almost forgot to mention that we met this woman:
She was promoting a health clinic in Buffalo that helps refugees.  When Elaine mentioned to her that I was planning to go to Hilton Head Island, she asked if I had heard of St. John Island, where her family is from.  It turns out that she is of Gullah heritage, former slaves who live in communities down south.  

It was a great day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment