Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Conewango Valley Amish and Geocaching Trip DAY TWO ADVENTURE (September 22, 2015)

Mary Ann and I woke to another gorgeous fall day and headed out, towards home with lots of stops on the way. Our first stop was at an ALPACA FARM not too far from the Pope Haven Campground where we found a geocache the other day. The owner showed us the alpacas and talked about how they are raised, etc. It was very interesting.
We spent some time in the gift shop and I purchased a "mitten keychain". Then we headed out to find some Amish shops. On the way to a particular shop, we saw a lot of Amish children walking to school (some of them barefoot) and then we saw the school.
We spent the rest of the morning visiting Amish Shops. The highlight was RABER'S TOYS
where we could watch the Raber men making toys, etc. The son (Amos) enteretained us with various games and toys. When I gave him a twenty dollar bill to pay for an item, he immediately put it in a little box and told me to take it out! It took several minutes for me to figure it out, but I did get it out. I purchased a wooden plate holder. The next stop was IRON WORKS another interesting shop. I purchased a couple of pot holders made by the 93 year old grandmother of the young man who was taking care of the shop. By now it was getting close to lunch time and we decided to drive back to RACER'S. On the way we found a geocache at an old cemetery in the Village of Conewango Valley and looked for another one on a bridge over a creek, but that was not successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment