Saturday, March 21, 2015

GEM, FOSSIL and MINERAL SHOW Adventure (Hamburg, NY)

Mary Ann and I were planning to go to a Maple Syrup event, but it was damp and dark and rainy this morning, so we quickly changed our plans and decided to drive to Hamburg, New York for the annual Gem-Mineral-Fossil Show.
I think they may use this sign every year, which is why it looks so worn out.   The mural below is in the second building where the food vendor was located.  
 


We arrived at the Erie County Fairgrounds around 12:15 or so, and had a very hard time finding a place to park.  After paying our admission fee, we decided to have lunch.  I had a fried bologna sandwich with macaroni salad....it was very good!

Then we took our time (I think close to three hours) going through the two buildings and checking out the displays and vendors. I bought several small items for my grandkids and nephews and a couple of colorful stones for myself as well as two tiny bottles filled with tiny pieces of turquoise.  I think Megan would have liked the wide assortment of beads available.
  These emeralds from Afghanistan were priced at $1,000 each.  

On the way back home, we stopped at Paula's Donuts.




No comments:

Post a Comment