Monday, February 10, 2014

Cooperstown Outing with Betty

Betty and I went to Cooperstown for the annual QUILT SHOW at the library. On the way to Cooperstown we stopped at THE OLD GRISTMILL ANTIQUES and COLLECTIBLES  in Portlandville.  

The Quilt Show was very good this year.  We both bought raffle tickets and voted for our favorite quilt.  We talked to two members of the quilting club (Joyce and Betty) for several minutes before we left.  Betty wanted to have lunch at the Cooperstown Diner, so  we did.
 She had chicken and biscuits and I had a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich with a cup of split pea soup.  We each had desert.

Our plans had included going to SUCO for the Dave Kiehm nature paintings exhibit, but I knew Betty wanted to shop for a gravy boat for her son in law and it was clear that we were running out of time,  so I asked her which one of those things was most important to her and she said she really wanted to go to BED, BATH and BEYOND and see if they had a gravy boat.

She found one she liked, marked down fifty percent.  I didn't have one, and I liked this one (insulated with a cover) so I bought one, also.










No comments:

Post a Comment