Friday, February 17, 2012

OTESAGA Adventure

A week or so ago, Terry was listening to a local radio station and heard an offer to purchase a $100 gift certificate for the OTESAGA for $50.00. She called me and I agreed to pay half and she purchased it. We decided to start using it up today by going to the HAWKEYE GRILL for their Friday buffet (which I believe they only offer during the winter months. It is $14.00 and includes a beverage. We invited Betty to join us and I met up with them at Price Chopper and I drove them to Cooperstown.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at THE HAWKEYE. They have moved the buffet to a different area, and it seemed like they had a LOT of guests today, more than we saw the two times we went last winter. The entrees on the buffet were PORK ROAST WITH APPLE STUFFING, and SHRMIP SCAMPI. Both were delicious. The three bean salad was soooo good, as was the shrimp salad on the salad bar. The deserts were outrageous, but not as good as they were last winter when they offered red velvet cake and carrot cake. While were were eating, Senator Charles Schumer came and sat at the next table.

After our meal, we wandered around the OTESAGA, since Betty had never been there, and wanted to see it. She seemed enthralled by the size and scope and beauty of it. I took a couple of pictures.



I took this on the way out:

After the Otesaga, I asked Betty if she had ever been to SPERBECK'S. She said no, so I took her to see this unique old time mom and pop store. She purchased some candy, something that she used to get for a penny when she was a kid.

On the way back to Oneonta, we stopped at the SPCA THRIFT STORE. None of us purchased anything. I dropped Betty and Terry off at PRICE CHOPPER and I went in and purchased a few groceries for this weekend. It was a great way to spend part of Friday afternoon! And, we have to do it again soon because we have that gift certificate to use up.

No comments:

Post a Comment