Saturday, August 20, 2011

International Geocaching Day ADVENTURE!

Leslie and I met up at my house to go to the Morris area to GENERAL JACOB MORRIS STATE FOREST to look for the geocache SCOUT IT OUT. Carol and I had looked for it last winter, but it was encased in ice, so we could not get it out. On the way to
the location of SCOUT IT OUT, Leslie helped me hide a small geocache. When we got to the site, we found SIO very quickly and signed the log.
On the way back, we tested out the coordinates for the new geocache and they worked well. I then hid another geocache along the trail, this time it was a micro, very close to the trail.

I suggested we go to the MORRIS CREMATORIUM, which is a cache I hid earlier this year, so that Leslie could find it. She found it quickly and we lingered a bit since it is in such a beautiful spot. While in the area, I decided to show Leslie the All Saints Chapel and the Morris Family Cemetery on Route 51 at the intersection with Dimmock Hollow Road. The snowball bushes were in full bloom
and the smell was heavenly. We walked around a bit before heading back towards Morris.

I suggested that we ago to another of my caches CEMETERY WITHOUT A NAME 2, which Leslie had not found yet. As I parked the car on the road in front of the cemetery, I noticed that there was a small Ice Cream Social taking place across the road.
I told Leslie that I could go for some ice cream. She found the geocache and we both
had some ice cream. This is where they were dishing up the ice cream
(chocolate, vanilla or both) and they had almost every topping imaginable. Then we went to check on Country Bridge 2, I could not find it in the original location, so I replaced it in a different location. Then I found
HIDE AND SEEK on Pegg Road.

So I found two, hid two and replaced one. Leslie found three. We had a great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment