Thursday, August 11, 2011

Geocaching Adventure on a Gorgeous August Day

Leslie and I agreed to get together this morning to do some local geocaching. I ran a couple of errands before meeting her at her house. The first geocache attempt was an ALWAYS, I think the ALWAYS stands for the fact that there are ALWAYS muggles near to the site of the hide. This was no exception. Leslie spotted it almost immediately, but we decided not to attempt to retrieve it at that time, due to muggles closeby.

We went to the Little League field to look for a new geocache CACHER UP. We found part one right away, which gave us the coords for three possible hiding spots for the final geocache. The two sets of coords we first tried, did not pan out, so we had to go to our last choice. Getting this one meant that SOMEONE had to do some climbing and reaching in order to retrieve it. There is NO WAY I would have done that, but Leslie is brave, and she did it! She was elated at her success! GOOD JOB, LESLIE!!!!! I wished I had my camera on me, but I didn't. After that, we went back to WalMart. Leslie parked right next to the cache, and climbed on the bumper of her car in order to reach it. Once again, I NEVER would have gotten this one on my own.

Our time was up, as Leslie needed to help her parents with a medical appointment. It was such a gorgeous day, that I decided to NOT go home right away. I had an ice cream cone at the GOLDEN GUERNSEY for my lunch and pondered what to do. I decided to try to find SATISFACTION, a nano at Wilber Park. I gave it about five minutes and then quit. I HATE nanos.

I went to FORTIN PARK to find one of Leslie's geocaches. THE MIXED UP CACHE. I was able to find this one with a minimum of difficulty. I took this picture of the river from close to the site of the hide.

and this is a picture of one of the old empty hangars from the former F & F Airport. The airport was operated from l959 to 2000, and then was made into FORTIN PARK.



I decided to head home after finding that geocache, and walking around the park a bit. It is a beautiful park, with a nice playground.

1 comment:

  1. Did I happen to pass you by that day? I noticed we both logged the one in Fortin the same day. I took a photo, in nearly the same spot, only out past the fallen tree overlooking the water. I found the "Always" cache awhile ago. One of the benefits of caching with a smartphone.. muggle disguise. I had to pretend to carry on a conversation with someone for awhile before enough people would let me near it.
    I started a blog as well. http://geocaching33forward.blogspot.com/
    Mine is probably more a cure for insomnia. I don't have pictures on mine yet. lol

    ReplyDelete