Friday, August 12, 2011

Bainbridge ADVENTURE

I asked Linda if she would like to go to THE FROG POND (which is one of her favorite places, too). She said yes, and she picked me up around 9:30 this morning. We headed right out to Bainbridge, trying out her new GPS along the way.

First stop: The FROG POND, where we each bought a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables. We actually loaded the back of her SUBARU up with our purchases and
decided to go back and see if we missed anything. I got potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, plums, oranges, a red onion, yellow onions, a melon and probably a couple more things. Then we went to PINE RIDGE GROCERY, where we both picked up several items. We had lunch at ROSA'S. We split an appetizer of deep fried onions, zucchini, cheese and mushrooms and we also split a tuna salad. Both were very good.

Then we went to CLINTON PARK to see if we could locate a geocache that I had tried to find in June, without success. An additional hint given by the cache owner made the find pretty easy today. Linda was the one to do the trick that revealed it.

We stopped at SPRINKLES AND CREAM
just outside of Otego and had ice cream cones. I had cheesecake dipped in chocolate. I took this picture of the small pond behind SPRINKLES AND CREAM.
Then we stopped at PIE IN THE SKY because Linda had never been there. I noticed these old pie pans on the wall and took a picture.
I have a couple of these at home.

Linda dropped me off at VALUE MOTORS so I could pick up my mini-van which had just had a new fuel pump installed.

It was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blog and all your photos. I'm a geocacher too and spend a lot of time in New York. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete