Saturday, September 18, 2010

OLD PLANES and GARLIC Adventure

My friend Carol M. and I went to the Old Plane Fly-In at the Cooperstown-Westville Airport today for the OLD PLANE FLY-IN. The last time we went, it was cancelled due to the weather being to windy, but we lucked out today as the weather was beautiful. We really enjoyed seeing the planes fly in and out. Not all of them were old though, many were more contemporary. Apparently, the pilots fly in for breakfast (they were serving pancakces) and they they fly out. While walking around looking at the planes "parked" along the runway, we saw three very old cars, here is a picture of one of them:
Here is a picture of one of the many planes we saw, I think this might be one of the old planes:

After we left the airport, we went to the Susquehanna Valley Garlic Festival at Wood Bull Antiques in Milford. There were booths set up by various vendors and they offered products and food items to eat on the spot. I had pasta with garlic and tomatoes at one spot. It was really good. We sampled garlic and garlic products.
Carol went inside the huge barn where Wood Bull has most of their antiques. I had never walked around the outside, so I took that opportunity today.
I was surprised at how many items they have bedind and to the side of the barn.

I had geocaching information with me, but Carol was having a hard time with the sun, so we skipped it today. Back in Oneonta, we stopped at BROOKS so I could purchase some BBQ sauce, the library and at FSA.

It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment